One night in college, after going out, some of my best friends and I sat in one of our dorm rooms eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, recapping the night. It was only October of our freshman year at Quinnipiac University, and we already had proven how close we were becoming. One of my best friends, Ben, then starts to say one of the most quoted lines in our friend group, and the title of this post, “they say you make your best friends in college…” Just then, we realized how close we were going to be for the rest of our lives.
Now, after writing a recent post about college, I’m feeling nostalgic and am missing my QU best friends dearly. I have realized how much I have grown into the young woman that I am becoming today all thanks to them. They all have reiterated an important life lesson, or taught me a completely new lesson, through each of their daily actions. From each and everyone of the people that I have become close with so far at school, I have learned something from them that has helped me become who I am.
So, thank you to these ten special people, in alphabetical order, for reminding me of the following lessons:
1. Here is to Ben for reminding me… to always make sure to have fun – no matter what day it is or what time it is.
2. Here is to Britni for reminding me… that confidence is the key to success.
3. Here is to Caroline for reminding me… to never be afraid to take on the world to chase my dreams (and when I mean world, I literally mean the world – she’s an international student!)
4. Here is to Christian for reminding me… to always speak my mind and never be afraid to share my opinion.
5. Here is to Connor for reminding me… how important late night talks are, especially with someone who is a great listener (oh, and thanks for teaching me to fish!)
6. Here is to Kate for teaching me… that even if we don’t live near each other, first a hallway and now a state away, it doesn’t mean you can’t still be super close best friends.
7. Here is to my big diamond sister, Katherine, for teaching me… that joining a sorority would be one of the best decisions I will ever make and it is so incredible to have a big sister.
8. Here is to Lindsey for reminding me… that putting in effort always pays off (she got a 4.0 her first semester at college!)
9. Here is to Maria for reminding me… that no matter what, always stay true to who I am.
10. Here is to Megan for reminding me… to live life with no regrets.
Thank you to you ten, so much, for absolutely everything. Thank you to everyone I have become so close with at QU who has taught me so much about myself, I can’t wait for August to see what else I can learn from all of you!