Jen from From One Journey to the Next nominated me for the Liebster award, which is an award for up-and-c0ming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. I am so honored that Jen selected me. Her blog is awesome and I recommend you going to check it out ASAP.
So, here are the rules:
– 11 Random Facts about yourself
– Answer the 11 questions the awarding blogger has posted for you
– Nominate 11 bloggers (with less than 200 followers)
– Let the bloggers you have nominated, know you nominated them!
– No tag backs
1. I once hugged Taylor Swift. Yes, THE Taylor Swift. My friend and I had floor seats for the “Speak Now” tour. When she came down the aisle, she hugged us. It was AWESOME.
2. I own every episode of “Duck Dynasty,” “Full House,” and “The Big Bang Theory” on DVD.
3. My initials spell my name, SAM. As you know my first name is Sami, my middle name starts with an A, and my last name starts with an M!
4. I was a varsity swimmer in high school. I competed in the 500 meter free style and 100 breast stroke. I also did YMCA competition swimming and a recreational summer league.
5. A few years ago I was on the background of Kathy Lee & Hoda’s segment of “The Today Show.”
6. I am a VERY picky eater. I pretty much only eat a few certain foods and whenever I go to a restaurant, I almost always get the EXACT same thing.
7. In elementary school, I won two essay contests, two math bees, and two spelling bees.
8. I don’t know how to ski or snowboard, but I really want to learn how to ski!
9. The only country I have visited has been Canada. However, I really want to travel the world.
10. My favorite color is pink – however, my bedroom at home is purple and my comforter at school is purple (well, purple cheetah print!).
11. I LOVE Disney. I have the autograph of every single character there is. I also have my Cinderella wedding all planned out and own every Disney movie.
My Questions from Jen:
1. Why did you start blogging? I’ve always loved writing. I remember being a little girl and writing – everything from in a diary to books to my own magazines. Last March, I attended a journalism conference and they talked all about the benefits of having a blog. I thought that hearing that a writing hobby could benefit my future was a sign I should make one. So ta-dah! I did.
2. Who do you look up to? Why? I look up to my mother, hands down. She is my role model and my inspiration. She has taught me to overcome any obstacles I face because I am strong enough to do so and that she will always be by my side doing so. The song “I Learned From You” by Miley Cyrus describes how I feel about her perfectly. Listen to the song and you can see EXACTLY why I look up to her.
3. What’s one food you could never live without? CHICKEN FINGERS WITH TOOOOOOOOONS OF KETCHUP. I have the same food tastes as a 5 year old.
4. What was your favorite toy growing up? I was such a stereotypical little girl who loved Barbies. I had so many Barbies and would always dress them up. Whatever career Barbie took on, I would have her be that part. I was lucky enough that my parents and family were able to bless me with so much that Barbie was able to have everything from her dream house to dream car to dream boyfriend.
5. What’s one song I should be listening to? One bad I LOVE that most people don’t know about is Mariana’s Trench! I recommend “Cross My Heart.” It’s also one of my fave music videos EVER.
6. What are your top 3 favorite TV shows? DUCK DYNASTY, Big Brother, The Millers
7. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? I very much want to travel the world. One place I want to go to is Australia!
8. What is one beauty product you cannot do without? My mascara! I can’t leave without putting mascara on. I love to play up my blue eyes and long eyelashes with mascara. I’m currently using “Lash Blash” by Maybelline.
9. What’s your favorite Christmas movie and song? My favorite Christmas Movie is the old school claymation “The Year Without A Santa Clause” and my favorite Christmas Song is “All I Want for Christmas is You.”
10. If you could only have one candy for the rest of your life, what would it be? Reeces Peanut Butter Cups!
11. What’s your favorite scent? My favorite perfume is Viva La Juicy. I’m actually really bad at answering scent questions for some reason because I never really know. LOL
1. Hannah @ The Fro-Yo Diaries
2. Adriana Renee @ With Love, Adriana Renee
3. Jess @ Busy Being Jess
4. Alyssa @ My Life’s a Cup of Cake
5. Dylan @ Sartorial Spice
6. Trina @ Tales of a Fluorescent Adolescent
7. Olivia @ Liv, Love, Laugh
8. Kriselle @ Livin’ and Lovin’
9. Shannah & Tara @ The Students’ Lifestyle
10. Kristine @ The Glitter Diaries
11. Devin @ Run Like a Girl
My questions for them:
1. If you were stuck on an island and could only have three items with you – what would you bring?
2. What was the last show you binge watched on Netflix?
3. What’s the last thing you bought?
4. Who is your favorite Disney character?
5. Backstreet Boys or NSync?
6. What was your favorite show as a kid?
7. What’s your favorite book?
8. What is your dream job?
9. If you could eat dinner with anyone – dead or alive – who would you pick? Why?
10. What’s your favorite restaurant?
11. What are your blogging goals?