Hello, my gorgeous readers!
So, as most of you may know, I work at a local CVS during the summer. It is super hard to not stare at all the beauty products as I check out customers, stock shelves, and sometimes just absently wander through the aisles to see what products are new. After recently indulging in a lot of beauty vloggers on YouTube to expand my beauty tips and tricks, I felt like I just needed to go on a beauty haul – almost like a sugar craving, but instead of chocolate, beauty products. To save some money, instead of going to Sephora or the closest Clinique counter, I decided to use my CVS discount and coupons to head on over to my job and purchase drugstore beauty products!
1. Conair Professional Salon Results Brush: Of all the items on the list, this one was definitely the least necessary. I just was looking for a new hairbrush and it was 50% off once I bought the teasing comb (see below). So it seemed like it was just meant to be (said every shopping addict ever). My other brush’s bristles started to break and bend. I decided to stick with a Conair brush because it’s always been durable and reliable. This one promised salon style results. I haven’t had a single issue with the brush since I bought it.
2. Maybelline New York The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette: I’ve seen so many fabulous makeup looks done with palettes, but I never wanted to invest in a super expensive one. I was never sure what I would use all the colors for, how to switch up different looks, etc. To put it simple, I felt like I would be throwing away my money to use three or four different colors from it. So when I saw that CVS now carried one from a trustworthy brand like Maybelline for less than twenty bucks, I had to jump on the chance. Prior to going on this haul, I watched Caitlin Bea use it in one of her vlogs and I loved how it came out. I mimicked the same look for my second blogiversary shoot and it came out amazing! I’m looking forward to using this palette during the school year when I am going out. The bars won’t be able to handle me and my smokey eye from the Maybelline Nudes Palette!
3. CoverGirl Makeup Masters Eyelash Curler: So one major beauty flaw I used to skip from my routine was curling my eyelashes. I always had been complimented on my naturally long, curly lashes, so I just always skipped the step. It was what, an extra minute on sleeping? Girl needs her beauty rest. But after one of my fabulous residents started helping me do my makeup for formals, date parties, and birthday bashes she showed me how amazing my curly lashes looked once they were curled. I had to invest in an eyelash curler, so with a sale and a coupon, I chose this one and haven’t looked back!
4. Essence of Beauty Exfoliating Facial Buff: This product is a very usual purchase for me. I strongly see a difference in the softness of my skin and overall appearance when I exfoliate. Usually three times a week, I will put my daily facial cleanser, Cetaphil, onto this exfoliating facial buff to wash my face and neck. I also use a body exfoliating buff in the shower to get rid of any dead skin. These types of products are life changing!
5. Conair Lift Comb for Teasing and Lifting: I love, love, love big hair. If you look at the pictures from my second blogiversary, I got my hair almost as big as I possibly could. However, whenever I would tease it I never used the proper styling tools. For a fraternity date function this semester, one of my fabulous residents showed me how I could be teasing it and it came out amazing! Ever since then it’s been on my shopping list to get a teasing comb and when I had coupons (#budget), I finally got myself one.
6. Biore Deep Cleansing Carcoal Pore Strips: I don’t think there is anything peskier than black heads. They’re just so gross and can ruin any look. When I want to go makeup free, I don’t want to have them ruin my look. Though I am lucky enough to not have many, I still like to try and avoid having them as much as possible. I’ve used the regular pore strips for years, but wanted to try these new strips with charcoal. I may not be a scientist and don’t know what the charcoal does, but it pulled out even the hardest to get black head. These are definitely a weekly necessity!
7. NYX HD Eye Shadow Base: Similar to some of the other products mentioned on this list, an eyeshadow base has always been on my need to get list. I decided a beauty haul for the blog was the perfect reason to get it. So for those of you who don’t know, an eye shadow base goes on to prime your eyelids before applying your eye shadow. It helps the color last longer, and in my opinion, just made the eyeshadow look brighter and better on my eyes. I’m super happy with this product! I chose NYX because it’s been a very reliable drug store brand for me and I’ve seen this exact product used in many YouTube makeup tutorial. Sticking to my guns proved to be absolutely right with this eye shadow base.
8. CoverGirl Eye Enhancers Eye Shadow in Shimmering Sands: So, here’s a little secret – I’ve been using the same shades of Clinique eyeshadow since I started wearing makeup in middle school. I’m a creature of habit once I form a routine, so I never strayed away from my classic colors. While watching my favorite YouTuber, Sarah Belle, I noticed how often she wore this Maybelline shade. I have a similar eye color to Sarah, so for only a few bucks, I decided to try her classic go-to look using this eye shadow. With this eye shadow trio an my go to liquid eyeliner, I was able to achieve her look and fell in love! I even like the colors more than my usual $20+ eye shadows, so using this product adds some extra money in my wallet to feed my iced coffee addiction.
Do you use any of these products? Comment below and let me know what you love about them!
Please note that this is not a sponsored post. I went out on my own to select these products. To view products that have been sponsored through companies, or to sponsor yourself, please visit my Advertising & Publicity page. Thank you.