Happy Monday, readers!
If you could not tell from the title, this week’s Monday Musts are special – they’re “Great Gatsby” themed in honor of my Alpha Delta Pi “Great Gatsby” semi-formal on Friday! I wanted to share with all of you, readers, some of my favorite pictures from the memorable night. I decided to do so by sharing with you three of my favorite “Great Gatsby” quotes!
1. “Can’t repeat the past?…Why of course you can!”
2. “So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”
3. “I like large parties. They’re so intimate. At small parties there isn’t any privacy.”
Now, I know that My Monday Musts normally just contain three points of information. However, there are just too many quotes and too many pictures, that I’m going to break the rules, just like Jay Gatsby, and share more quotes and pictures with you all!
4. “I hope she’ll be a fool – that’s the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool.”
5. “In my younger and more vulnerable years, my father gave me some advice. “Always try to see the best in people,” he would say. As a consequence, I’m inclined to reserve all judgement.”
6. “Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgiastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that’s no matter–tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther.”
7. “There are only the pursued, the pursuing, the busy and the tired.”
8. “Whenever you feel like criticizing any one,” he told me, “just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had.”
9. “It occurred to me that there was no difference between men, in intelligence or race, so profound as the difference between the sick and the well.”
10. “Reserving judgments is a matter of infinite hope.”
Remember, readers, a little party never killed nobody!
Enjoy the rest of your week!!
Note: I have used quotes from both the classic novel and the movie.