Happy Monday, readers!
If you could not tell from the title, this week’s Monday Musts are special – they’re “Great Gatsby” themed in honor of my Alpha Delta Pi “Great Gatsby” semi-formal on Friday! I wanted to share with all of you, readers, some of my favorite pictures from the memorable night. I decided to do so by sharing with you three of my favorite “Great Gatsby” quotes!
1. “Can’t repeat the past?…Why of course you can!”
This is my favorite photo of the night with my two favorite people – my big diamond, Katherine, and my little diamond, Amber!
2. “So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”
My little diamond, Amber, came over to my room before the pre-party for some cute pictures! We decided we wanted to take a “Great Gatsby” photo. This is what Amber, Rob, Connor, and I came up with!
3. “I like large parties. They’re so intimate. At small parties there isn’t any privacy.”
I decided to take my best friend, Connor, with me to semi!
Now, I know that My Monday Musts normally just contain three points of information. However, there are just too many quotes and too many pictures, that I’m going to break the rules, just like Jay Gatsby, and share more quotes and pictures with you all!
4. “I hope she’ll be a fool – that’s the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool.”
One of the greatest parts of semi is taking pictures with my sisters and their dates! Here, my little diamond and I are with our friends Alex, Kathleen, and Kathleen’s date, Ray.
5. “In my younger and more vulnerable years, my father gave me some advice. “Always try to see the best in people,” he would say. As a consequence, I’m inclined to reserve all judgement.”
Since I have been initiated into Alpha Delta Pi last semester, these are the girls that I have been closest to since day one! Katherine, Crystal (far right), and Crystal’s big diamond, Nikki have always been, and will always be, three of the girls that I am closest to.
6. “Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgiastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that’s no matter–tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther.”
I don’t think any other photo from this night makes me laugh as hard as this one does! Rob, Amber, Crystal, and I thought it would be funny to pick Connor up for a photo!
7. “There are only the pursued, the pursuing, the busy and the tired.”
I am so grateful to have Katherine as my big diamond sister!!
8. “Whenever you feel like criticizing any one,” he told me, “just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had.”
And I am so thankful to have Amber as my little diamond sister!!
9. “It occurred to me that there was no difference between men, in intelligence or race, so profound as the difference between the sick and the well.”
I’ll be honest with you readers – I took a lot of selfies at semi! My big diamond sister brought her roommate, Emily, to semi!
10. “Reserving judgments is a matter of infinite hope.”
Overall, semi was a ton of fun and filled with many laughs and memories! Here I am laughing with my sister Lauren!
Remember, readers, a little party never killed nobody!
Enjoy the rest of your week!!
Note: I have used quotes from both the classic novel and the movie.